Sunday, April 02, 2006

Woes

Its time for yet another onset of the geek disease. I went fishing for more related information. As usual, wikipedia was the starting point (WebMD is another great resource I refer to). From the info on the sinusitis main page, I diagnosed my ailment as frontal sinusitis. One of the opthalmologists I consulted during one of the more severe attacks said "Its mostly due to your crooked nose". Damn, this is a manufacturing defect!

That isn't my only ailment. I am astigmatic too :-(

Sometimes I wonder, are people with eyesight problems handicapped? Here is another interesting fact: 44% of Japanese suffer from myopia.. so, is half of Japan handicapped?

The last few weeks/months have been especially hectic. Yesterday was the last date for the OLS paper submission. Our paper has a total of 5 authors and one of them aptly categorized the experience as one of "herding cats".

One thing is for sure... this is going to be the norm henceforth and it calls for better time management. In the name of being busy, I am guilty of a few things... not having enough time for my hobby. My biggest regret however is not spending time with friends. Its been a few months since Hari and I spoke at lesiure. Then there used to be the "office gang" which has since broken due to various reasons. Whenever I think of this, I am reminded of Sid's profound dialogue from Dil Chahta Hai.

This has to be remedied. Hopefully, Seema's initiative for the program next weekend is a start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seema Albal said...

I don't have sinusitis because I am not a geek? or I am not a geek because I don't have sinusitis??
Either ways, I am not a victim of both.
Thank God for small mercies.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ananth Narayan said...

Lucky you Seema :)

The point wasn't that only geeks suffer from sinusitis, rather that a large %age of geeks suffer from it than the other way around.

According to me, geekiness (is that the right word?) is a "state of mind"... people tend to wander in and out of it.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home