Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Match that, Baseball

For anyone brought up on a staple diet of cricket, taking to baseball isn't that hard. It is reasonably faster than cricket, and once you get a hang of the rules, it isn't difficult to follow.

As luck would have it, I ended up spending the better part of a year near Boston. Anybody who has been anywhere close to Boston in the summer would vouch that its difficult to ignore baseball. So, there I was, just after the Red Sox had won their first World Series in 86 years and, I was hooked.

Cricket however is making a big comeback... I hate the comparison but as someone out there put it, if one-day cricket is like a pair of long trousers, baseball is knee length shorts. Now, you have the T20, which'd be... err.... a mini-skirt? (!)

If the T20 were introduced in the US (which isn't that far away, if this is to be believed), I have no doubts that it'll be a runaway success.

And, I wouldn't mind if the USA won the next edition of the T20 World Cup.... India still will be the first ever T20 Champions ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home