Monday, March 10, 2008

Mysooru Flashbacks 4: The Blue Shirt

Prom, Harry and I were all in different sections during the first year; Prom was in 'A', Harry in 'F' and me was in 'B'. That was good in a way 'cos we ended up making thrice the number of friends than we'd have if we were all clubbed together. And given we had representation from all streams in all sections, we had a good spread of friends from different disciplines.

Prom and I had classes mostly in the morning session (A-D sections) while Harry's classes started later (E-H sections), with a few exceptions.

It was the 2nd semester and I distinctly remember having classes later than the two of them on one day of the week; Engineering Drawing was the reason. On one such wonderful June afternoon, I started cycling back home after class. In no time, it started pouring and even in the shelter of a roadside tree, the rain was fierce enough for me to get drenched. After the rain subsided a bit, the homeward journey continued.

Amazingly enough, there wasn't a drop of rain near our house. So, when I showed up at the front door dripping wet, Prom and Harry thought I was nuts; they wouldn't believe that it was raining near the college. I was a victim of their butt of jokes for a while :-)

It so happened that I wore a sky blue checkered shirt that day. As luck would have it, more often than not, it'd rain on days I wore the shirt. If we were going out (mostly to a movie) and I wore the shirt, Prom wouldn't let me out of the house till I changed.

And no, I don't have that shirt any longer. Can't remember if it wore out or I gave it away to someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home