Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sad...

Some days are etched in memory for ever. Yesterday was one such.

It started off not so well 'cos of a feverish feeling that had been persisting since Sunday. The sinus problems din't help either. I gathered myself up and headed to the office through the unusually dense New England morning fog. I open up the inbox to find news of, perhaps one of the most significant achievements of my professional career. Just as I was reading the mail, my spirits soaring, I get a call from my sister. And thats when I got the devastating news that my beloved Kavu Ajji (my granny - mom's mom) passed away. She was 85, getting weaker by the day. The last I saw her was in February just before the assignment.

Ajji lived with us for quite some time.. up until couple of years ago. She was a pillar of strength to our family during the difficult times. I'll miss her wisdom, her inimitable style of cheering people up. I miss the "very happy" (yes, in English) that she'd have said when I'd mention to her about the mail. I'll just miss her. Thank you Ajji for everything.

May Her Soul Rest In Peace

Later in the day, my good friend Prarit gave us news of the potentially fatal accident he was involved in on Monday. As he was driving home that day along I-495N, two cars in front of him veered to avoid a tyre that slid on to the road from the back of a truck that was going in front. Before he could realize, the tyre smashed against Prarit's Bug, leading the vehicle over the tyre, spinning a full circle before coming to a stop. Luckily for Prarit, the gentleman driving a semi behind him braked hard, just in time to avoid crashing in from behind. I am happy that except for a hard jolt and minor backache, Prarit is doing fine! That his Bug was totalled and may not be worth the repair, is all but a small price to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home